The global warming theorists have been in overdrive predicting extreme outcomes.
We have now heard or read:
1. The Arctic ice will all have melted within 5 to 7 years
2. The Himalayan glaciers will all have gone by 2035
3.Tropical storms are now the result of man made global warming
4. The UK will run out of water thanks to the dry hot summers
5. Champagne grapes will shrivel in France and will have to be grown further north in England
6 The sea level will rise drowning several large cities
7. The UK will have a barbeque summer in 2009 and a mild winter 2009-10
We are now witnessing some backtracking. The IPCC has apologised for the glaciers, admitting it was an error. Some global warmists were uncomfortable with Mr Gore’s Arctic ice prediction, as we will soon know how accurate it was. Apparently the settled science is not sure that tropical storms and other extreme weather events are all the result of man made global warming. The Uk weather forecasts are of course about weather and not climate, so they are mistakes that could happen to anyone in the meteorological business. We are assured that when the weather goes in the wrong direction, it is just weather and not climate.