We voted to make our own laws, spend our money, pursue our own trade interests, to take a global rather than a European view of the world, control our own borders, settle our own taxes and regain our own place on major international bodies. The EU and their Remain friends in the UK have set out for four and half years now to thwart these aims and to recreate legal controls and barriers over our actions. It is time to break free.
The government should explain how we will
- Take VAT off items like green products and female hygiene products. Set Corporation Tax definitions and rates to make the UK competitive globally
- Operate the points based migration system which meets the needs of the UK and controls numbers of economic migrants
- Reform our benefits system to help people here more, and reduce incentives to come here to try to settle
- As a full member of the WTO pursue more great trade deals, including one with the Trans Pacific Partnership and including services
- Controlling all our own fish and creating a much bigger fishing and fish processing industry at home
- Cutting food miles by redirecting farm subsidies to promote UK food production
- Using public procurement to help UK based production of goods and services, whilst continuing with competitive tendering
- Reducing harmful or needless regulation to make the UK more responsive and business friendly, whilst maintaining or enhancing high standards in areas like employment law and health and safety
- Raising animal welfare standards, starting by removing export of live animals or transit of live animals through the UK to other destinations.