Access to site

I hear yesterday the site was hijacked by a pharmaceutical offer. This was reported and corrected. It has happened again today.
The site provider tells me he will try to put in a permanent answer this week-end. Rest assured the hijacker has nothing to do with me.

This entry was posted in Blog. Bookmark the permalink. Both comments and trackbacks are currently closed.

1. Jonathan
    Posted October 15, 2010 at 12:30 pm | Permalink

Are the police being of any help here? I guess not.

Your site isn't the only one that is being attacked by these people at the moment. Microsoft's website has also been attacked on several occasions as reported in The Register and elsewhere. http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/10/14/microsoft

2. vervet
    Posted October 15, 2010 at 12:35 pm | Permalink

Suggest you ask a few pertinent questions of your hosting service, or consider alternatives – that shouldn't happen !

3. norman
    Posted October 15, 2010 at 1:15 pm | Permalink

In a way it's disappointing you had no association with the hijackers – it would certainly raise (!) a cheer, and not a few guffaws, in the House when you had to declare any interests!

4. rose
    Posted October 15, 2010 at 1:24 pm | Permalink

It just shows how very influential you are thought to be.

5. ferdinand
    Posted October 15, 2010 at 4:40 pm | Permalink

I would imagine it is because so many people in power think you are currently proposing the right medicine

6. forthurst
    Posted October 15, 2010 at 4:56 pm | Permalink

Sounds like an attack on an external DNS server(s), misdirecting traffic, which can only be cured by flushing.

7. tony
    Posted October 15, 2010 at 5:05 pm | Permalink

This has affected access via my mobile phone for a couple of months already but yeasterday was the first time my pc was affected. Will your host be able to fix mobile access as mine is still affected today?

Reply: I hope so

• Mike Rouse
      Posted October 15, 2010 at 5:53 pm | Permalink

Tony: Mobile access will be repaired and improved over the weekend.

8. Mark
    Posted October 15, 2010 at 5:14 pm | Permalink

I'm surprised that the hackers think any reader here would rise to their bait.

9. kevin
    Posted October 20, 2010 at 5:57 pm | Permalink

I have that problem with somebody spamming my email contacts with Canadian drugs adverts its annoying and i changed my account password and there still sending it dont know who you report it too or how to remove them from the computer if there installed spybots