Councillors’ surgery

I attended the Wokingham Councillors’ surgery on Saturday morning in the Town Hall.

I stayed with the 7 Councillors for two hours. Very few people came to meet us.

I find it is best to have surgery appointments arranged through the Wokingham office on 01189 629501 at a time  convenient for the constituent. It can also speed things up if a constituent with a query sends an email with the details or drops the papers off at 30 Rose Street.

You can also get in touch with  your Councillors through the Council websites and contact details shown there.

This entry was posted in Wokingham and West Berkshire Issues. Bookmark the permalink. Both comments and trackbacks are currently closed.

1. Sue
    Posted November 20, 2011 at 11:00 pm | Permalink

“Britain looks set to be able to relax the EU’s controversial working time directive after David Cameron agreed a framework for negotiations with the German chancellor, Angela Merkel, in response to the eurozone crisis.

The UK will sign up to a revision of the Lisbon treaty – aimed at underpinning tough new fiscal rules for the eurozone – in exchange for an undertaking from Berlin that it will allow for an examination of the impact of the directive, which imposes a 48-hour week on workers across the EU.

The tentative deal, agreed over lunch in Berlin on Friday, may allow the prime minister to sell the idea of an EU treaty change to his Conservative backbenchers on the grounds that he will be repatriating social powers to Britain”

So, he’s sold us again. This is unforgiveable!

IT’S A TREATY CHANGE – WHERE THE HELL IS OUR REFERENDUM?

I can’t tell you how angry I am!

• alan jutson
      Posted November 21, 2011 at 7:33 am | Permalink

Sue
      What did you expect from wavey Dave.

Most sensible governments would have simply not implimented, or taken no notice of the 48 hours rule.

Dave is scared stiff of a referendum, and will do all he can to avoid one, even if it means cheating on his own people, and breaking past promises.

He has lost the key to the referendum lock !

2. Paul Danon
    Posted November 21, 2011 at 12:31 pm | Permalink

I’m not in Wokingham, but I find emails to councillors and council-departments get ignored. The same with the health-service, where departments proudly put email addresses on their letterhead and then don’t reply to emails. One MP advertises her email address on her blog and, when you write, you get an autoreply irritatedly telling you to send her a letter.

3. badgerbill
    Posted November 21, 2011 at 7:10 pm | Permalink

I once sat from 9.30 am till 12.30pm on a Saturday at a councillor’s surgery for my ward and one person came through the door! Fortunately I was able to find her a place in a residential home.

Apathy abounds. Unless it is one their doorstep the majority do not want to know or be bothered.

4. Andy
    Posted November 28, 2011 at 9:42 am | Permalink

Did you publish on your Blog that you would be there? I visit your blog every day and did not see it publicised.

I would have asked you if you had recieved a reply from Michael Gove regarding his interference in the Wokingham decision regarding local school admissions arrangements.

Reply: Yes, I put it on the blog.

• Andy
      Posted November 28, 2011 at 4:51 pm | Permalink

Whoops, missed it, sorry John.