Late posting of comments

I asked my service provider to put in a facility to allow you to edit or correct a posting awaiting moderation. Unfortunately whilst this work is being done I cannot myself get access to any comments to post, so there will be a delay pending resolution of this technical problem. Please keep them comingĀ  – I will catch up as soon as the system is free again.

1. merlin
    Posted September 5, 2012 at 5:22 pm | Permalink

Thanks for that, John, at least I will not get my future contributions named and shamed, but to quote one of my favourite expressions which I came across fairly recently:-

It’s amazing how successful you can be without being perfect.

Look forward to the new correctable website hope its simple to use.

2. Rebecca Hanson
    Posted September 5, 2012 at 5:34 pm | Permalink

Thanks for letting us know John. Is anyone in government looking into revising the law which prevents MPs getting help with their blogs?

• Alan Wheatley
      Posted September 6, 2012 at 7:02 am | Permalink

How about a MPs Blogs co-operative, where by the Q&As of running one can be shared? I think a little public money towards the admin costs of running the co-operative would be acceptable: the Q&As could be made available to all aspirant bloggers.

• nicol sinclair
      Posted September 6, 2012 at 12:37 pm | Permalink

A very good point Ms Hanson, if I may say so?

3. Electro-Kevin
    Posted September 5, 2012 at 6:51 pm | Permalink

It’s great to be able to edit.

Thanks, Mr Redwood.

4. lifelogic
    Posted September 5, 2012 at 7:30 pm | Permalink

Oh dear. Now I will have to correct all my spellings, punctuations and grammar as well I suppose, and have no excuse that I did it in a hurry and cannot correct.

5. Brian Tomkinson
    Posted September 5, 2012 at 7:42 pm | Permalink

I find that many of my comments end up stuck in the “awaiting moderation” category. In fact there is one there now in your previous posting and it is timed at 7:45 a.m. on your clock. It is rather discouraging when this happens.

6. Tad Davison
    Posted September 5, 2012 at 9:56 pm | Permalink

Ime pleesed to here it John, my spooling is attroshus at thymes. Neice to no eye can carrect it layter. I hop ewe donut fink Ime tekking the puss thow.

Tad

7. alan jutson
    Posted September 6, 2012 at 9:46 am | Permalink

I will probably still post in haste, and repent at leisure.

So why not a simple spellcheck, or am I missing something ?

8. nicol sinclair
    Posted September 6, 2012 at 12:59 pm | Permalink

I am less bothered about Lifelogic bothering (and, perhaps being embarrassed )about his spelling. I am more concerned by the time it takes to moderate. I understand that there is only one Moderator – JR. However, as I live & work in Nepal – 4.45 hours in Summer & 5.45 hours in Winter – ahead of UK, the moderation is not usually completed by the time that I go to bed.
    I hear you all say “So what?” but to me it is important that I am still up in time to respond to your replies to my replies…

How about another trusty Moderator, JR?

9. Atlas
    Posted September 6, 2012 at 4:34 pm | Permalink

John,

May I make a suggestion for your blog?

I suspect that quite a few like me would like a simple way to signal an ‘agree’ or ‘don’t agree’ with a posting or a reply without having to post a full reply. I’ve seen such scheme in action on other blogs. This might reduce the time you have to spend moderating.

I must say I like the edit function. Several times I’ve pressed the ‘send’ button only to see a typo in the text !

• alan jutson
      Posted September 6, 2012 at 6:21 pm | Permalink

Atlas

I have obviously missed the edit function !!

• Atlas
        Posted September 7, 2012 at 9:14 am | Permalink

Alan,

Yes so do I now… I’m certain one had appeared on this site??!!??

10. Bazman
    Posted September 7, 2012 at 5:05 pm | Permalink

The number of edits is shown and will be noted by other commentators. Yeah, but no, but etc.