We constantly hear those who want us to stay in saying it is time they set out the case. They regularly chastise each other for failing to make the case. They now have plenty of airtime, but each time one appears he or she soon seeks to ridicule the Out cause, or seeks to spread misleading suppositions about what might happen if the UK voted to be free.
Interviewers usually let them get away with this. Instead they should get them to answer some of these questions:
- Should the UK in due course join the Euro?
- Has the Euro gone wrong?
- Why has the Euro area spawned so many recessions and mass unemployment?
- What would have happened if the UK had joined as many of the pro European wanted us to do in the 1990s?
- What did they learn from their bitter experience of recommending the Exchange Rate Mechanism to the UK and seeing it destroy our jobs and economy?
- Do they think the UK should join Schengen?
- Has Schengen been a success?
- If Schengen has failed, what do they wish to replace it with?
- How would the UK be able to control her own borders outside Schengen if we still sign up to freedom of movement?
- Has the Common Fishing Policy been a success?
- Why has the UK lost most of its fishing industry under EU regulation and control?
- Why did it take so many years even to stop the absurdity of throwing dead fish back into the sea?
- Wouldn’t it be a good idea to guarantee to make the same payments to farmers, scientists etc when we come out of the EU? Isnt that within the UK’s power to do?
- If they do not like the Euro, Schengen or the Common Fishing Policy, what is the point of belonging to this institution?Why join a football and cricket club if you don’t like either game and don’t wish to play them?
- Do they really think Germany would want to start a trade war with us if we leave, given the fact she sells us twice as much as we sell Germany. Are the German government liars when they say they would not impose new tariffs on our exports to them as they don’t want us imposing tariffs on them?
- Why don’t they believe in democracy? Why don’t they want us to take back control?