Nominations in Wokingham

I wish to thank the 30 electors who signed my Nomination papers to be the official Conservative candidate in Wokingham.

I  see from the final list of candidates  there will also  be an Advance Together, Green, Labour and  Lib Dem candidate.

This entry was posted in Wokingham and West Berkshire Issues. Bookmark the permalink. Both comments and trackbacks are currently closed.

1. Charles Crane
    Posted November 15, 2019 at 11:54 am | Permalink

I’m sure you will get back in John. If I still lived there, you’d get my vote.
    Unfortunately, where I now live the choice is Labour, Green or Conservative Remainer.

Looks like I’m going to have to spoil the ballot with “No suitable candidate”

It was so much simpler when I lived in Winnersh!

• Helen Smith
      Posted November 15, 2019 at 6:36 pm | Permalink

I don’t think we should go down the road of barring from office anyone who voted Remain in 2016, or expecting the Conservative party to expel them. Provided they accept the ref result and enact it I’m happy so please vote Conservative, help Boris get a majority and keep Labour out.

I’m sure we would not approve of the likes of Sir John being dumped by the Tories had Remain won. Voting Remain was not and is not a crime.

• zorro
      Posted November 19, 2019 at 9:38 pm | Permalink

Will there be any public debates by the candidates in the Wokingham area?

zorro

reply I have agreed a date for one but it will need all 5 candidates to agree

• zorro
        Posted November 20, 2019 at 9:03 am | Permalink

Thanks, please keep us posted!

zorro

2. BW
    Posted November 15, 2019 at 1:19 pm | Permalink

It is beyond me how the Lib Dem candidate could possibly stand. Having lied to gain a conservative seat in Bracknell who then betrayed his Bracknell voters voting in line with remain. worse against the national referendum. I suspect that he knows his betrayal will lose him his Bracknell seat so he tries his luck in Wokingham. With his track record of deceit, he can take a running jump. If you want to know about this candidate. Don’t read the literature. Ask the people of Bracknell.

3. Helen Smith
    Posted November 15, 2019 at 4:43 pm | Permalink

I really hope you win John and the Lib Dem loses his deposit.